We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and continually strive to satisfy you, our members, and others who buy our products and services. We work toward making every experience with AAA Northwest Ohio enjoyable and beneficial for you. That's why we are pleased to provide product or service offers from us, our affiliates, and other companies with which we work. These offers might include savings and discounts on a variety of products and services related to automotive, travel, insurance, financial services, the “Show Your Card and Save” Member Discounts program, or other AAA products or services.
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- From you, our members and other users of AAA services, on applications and other forms at events, via the Internet, by telephone, and when you apply for AAA Northwest Ohio products or services. Examples of this type of information include your name, address, telephone number, and personal demographics (age, gender, marital status, etc.).
- From transactions with us or with others. Examples include your payment histories, account balances, credit card numbers, and other transaction records such as utilization of Roadside Assistance.
- From third parties such as our AAA Northwest Ohio affiliates and other third parties, including products or services you may have purchased through another AAA organization or our partners
AAA Northwest Ohio does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and does not target its Web site to children under 13. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
We limit the ways in which we use the information you provide to us to ensure members receive the full benefit of their relationship with AAA Northwest Ohio.
We primarily use your information to:
- Provide the products and services you are entitled to receive as a member or have otherwise requested;
- Provide you customer service;
- Provide services such as processing a transaction (e.g., making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order);
- Send marketing materials and communications to you in relation to AAA Northwest Ohio products and services or those of our strategic marketing partners;
- Perform market research via surveys to better serve your needs and to improve the effectiveness of our Web sites, your member experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities; or
- Otherwise conduct business.
In addition, data we receive from third-party providers helps us verify information you have given us or to add demographic or other information to help us better understand your potential needs for additional products or services.
Some of these uses require us to share your information with third parties, including companies whose purpose is to support AAA Northwest Ohio marketing or membership activities, as well as our trusted partners who provide travel, financial, and other services to you. In addition, we may share your information (including non-public personal identification information) to ensure our compliance with reporting and other legal requirements or in other manners permitted or required by law, including without limitation to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
As a AAA member, you have choices whether we use your information for marketing purposes or whether you non-public personal (financial) information is shared with our AAA Northwest Ohio affiliates or those third party partners. Those choices are described in “The Choices You Have” section below.